How Will You Choose to Self-Care in 2019?
I get it. You meant to read every single article I wrote in 2018, but every time Fuzzy Red Socks came into your inbox life got in the way. Maybe you had great intentions of being more kind to yourself or taking more time to eat healthy or exercise more. Maybe you meant to try meditation or read more about mindfulness. Then something more important jumped in front of you and your attention was diverted to that to-do list, or that next email, or that next fire that needed putting out NOW.
Some of you have successfully included self care into your daily, weekly and monthly routines – you’ve knocked my fuzzy red socks off with your commitment to your well being. Congratulations! And please keep sharing with me how your life has been enriched and what’s working and what’s not.
. . . you’ve knocked my fuzzy red socks off with your commitment to your well being.
But if that’s not the case for you, I’m here to tell you that you are worth spending time to think about YOU, to think about being kind to yourself, to practice some self care. So, over the next three posts I am giving you another chance. I have summarized for you each article and then provided the link so you can read more. Make yourself a priority and choose one, just one article to read, decide what action you’ll do for yourself, then post a comment telling the world your new intention. You won’t regret making YOU a priority in the upcoming new year. I guarantee it.
. . . choose one, decide what action you’ll do for yourself, then post a comment telling the world your new intention.
- Choose a Word of the Year – Reminding myself regularly of a simple phrase that represents a new way of being, an area of my life I’d like to improve, or a new habit I’d like to embrace has proven to be a great tool for self-improvement and self care. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/whats-your-word-for-the-new-year/
- Be Your Future Self – Who is your BEST self? Pull out all the stops and describe that person in detail. Write it down. And read it daily. Tell someone you trust about her and support each other in the process. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/be-your-future-self/
- Listen To Your Body – Ask yourself and your body curious questions. Being really busy doesn’t mean you’re living your best life. Spend time being with yourself and your body, feeling into it, and paying attention when it becomes too difficult to do so. Talk to your body, ask it what it needs, and be willing to listen with patience and non-judgment, sometimes even in silence. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/when-your-body-speaks-listen/
- Choose Love Over Fear – I realized early in my self care journey that I can choose to use fear as a tool, rather than allow it to paralyze me into non-action. I can often see it as a sign that growth is around the corner and that a new opportunity exists. I can see that where there is fear, there can be love. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/the-choice-for-love/
- The Perfect Time for Self Care – Even when things aren’t perfect, in fact, especially when things aren’t perfect, that’s the perfect time for self care. That’s the perfect time to silence our gremlins or critics in our heads and lean into everything we know about self care. Here’s an example of when I did just that. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/the-perfect-time-for-self-care/
- Clean Up Your Inbox – If one of your new year’s resolutions is to clean up your inbox and de-stress your life, thereby providing a good dose of self care on a daily basis, try the ideas listed (in this article). Can’t mentally wrap your brain around deleting all 3,273 emails at once? Start today to incorporate three simple steps and see how quickly you can transform your inbox into a place of empowerment instead of a place of high anxiety. https://www.fuzzyredsocks.com/unsubscribe/